Finances
I am told there is a war on in these parts. I read about it every day and they brief us about pertinent details before every flight. When we are aloft we occasionally here urgent radio traffic indicating the same thing. When a war is on it is customary to get things done because there are, or can be, severe consequences if things aren't done. I thought it was customary, but sometimes not.
There are many bases where fuel is available in this country, lots of fuel. Bases that are safe to land at too. But we cannot go to these bases We cannot go because we cannot get fuel. We cannot get fuel because somebody, for some reason took our fueling card away. Why we do not know exactly. It has something to do with this pile of money not being used for this purpose, you have to use that other pile of money.
So we are in a war zone, supporting the troops in what small way we can, and we can only land at one place in the country because we can't get fuel anywhere else.
There is a book about Vietnam called "Bureaucracy Does Its Thing." I think I should read it.
There are many bases where fuel is available in this country, lots of fuel. Bases that are safe to land at too. But we cannot go to these bases We cannot go because we cannot get fuel. We cannot get fuel because somebody, for some reason took our fueling card away. Why we do not know exactly. It has something to do with this pile of money not being used for this purpose, you have to use that other pile of money.
So we are in a war zone, supporting the troops in what small way we can, and we can only land at one place in the country because we can't get fuel anywhere else.
There is a book about Vietnam called "Bureaucracy Does Its Thing." I think I should read it.

2 Comments:
This situation is so overt it is almost like a metaphor for bureaucracy. Is that how the war went in 1943?
no it didn't. at least not so much. we won that one. read a book called "A Colonel in the Armoured Divisions". it deals with how they actually got things done (put some emphasis on that word) in 1943. but then you can read the history of the Sherman tank to see how they didn't. overall though they did better.
they certainly wrote better. read a USMC manual written in WWII called "Jungle Warfare". it is available on disc from the gpo. they knew how to write well back then.
Post a Comment
<< Home