I may have...
told this story before, but I like it and it's my blog so I'm going to tell it again.
One evening a few years ago, a pilot friend and I were sitting in the 3615 in Kinshasa. It is an outdoor bar/pizza joint located on the main drag downtown. Besides us, there were a few Belgians and Frenchman who had been in the country for years doing various things in various places, some UN guys out of uniform, a couple of NGO types and a score plus five or more Kinois bar girls on the make. The night was calm with just a touch of heat leftover from the day and I had a whole anchovie pizza to myself.
I looked around at the scene and said to my friend
"You know Dawson, I reeeeaaaaally like this!"
And I did.
One evening a few years ago, a pilot friend and I were sitting in the 3615 in Kinshasa. It is an outdoor bar/pizza joint located on the main drag downtown. Besides us, there were a few Belgians and Frenchman who had been in the country for years doing various things in various places, some UN guys out of uniform, a couple of NGO types and a score plus five or more Kinois bar girls on the make. The night was calm with just a touch of heat leftover from the day and I had a whole anchovie pizza to myself.
I looked around at the scene and said to my friend
"You know Dawson, I reeeeaaaaally like this!"
And I did.

4 Comments:
I can see why you like this story so much, you were eating an anchovie pizza.
Yes, that is reason. Exactly.
Hi Carl, are you still in the Congo right now?
Nope. I am aways away from there now.
Post a Comment
<< Home