Monday, July 09, 2007

Debris



This is a photo of an L-39 that used to belong to the late regime's Air Force. This base used to be the home of the old regime's Air Force Academy and there are other trainer type airplanes around, almost whole or in small parts that may have been used to train the young gentlemen.

There are many other bits of old equipment laying around the base, including at least one anti-aircraft gun. The gun has a very informative sign in front of it. Most of the stuff is in poor repair, whether because we shot it up at one time or another or looters wrecked it is unknown.

I believe we won't take any of it with us.

NOTE: When I originally posted this I identified the airplane as a Kuwaite A-4. Boy was I wrong, confusing and an American attack airplane with a Czech trainer. I must work on my "airplane with no wings or tail" identification skills.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is the other plane that is laying aroound? Is there more of it than the A4? If it's cool, take a picture of it.

Even with most of it gone, the A4 is still one of my favorite planes! I think that's why I like L-39s so much because they look like an A4 - ok, well, a poor man's A4.

Hey, do you want to go in on an L39 for a year? I figure that's how long it would take to pretty much eat up all our money! Maybe not even that long when you consider insurance.

Monday, July 09, 2007 5:32:00 PM  
Blogger Carl said...

speaking of L-39's, that is what the airplane actually is. i misidentified it initially.

the other whole, or mostly whole airplane, on the base is, i don't know exactly what it is. i think it is a polish trainer of some kind. i'll take a photo of that one too and send it to you.

Monday, July 09, 2007 9:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home