Saturday, February 10, 2007

Commerce

Near Ndolo airport there is a spot on the road where they sell animals. All sorts of animals; dogs, turkeys, ducks, monkeys, hawks, crocodiles, pigeons-whatever they can sell, whatever they can catch.

A guy passed by there and saw two puppies for sale, a white one and a black one. He went back the next day to buy the black one but it was gone. He asked the seller "What happened to the black dog? That was the one I wanted to buy."

The seller said "I sold it. But if you want a black dog, I can get one. Come back tomorrow."

So the buyer came back the next day and the seller had a black dog for him. He bought it for 2000 francs and took it home. When he got home he had told his gardener to wash the dust off the dog. The gardener soaped the dog up, rinsed him off and voila, the black dog had turned into a white dog. The black ink came off right along with the dust.

The buyer went back to the spot but the seller was nowhere to be found. I hope the feelings of the dog weren't hurt.

As Dave Berry says, "I am not making this up."

2 Comments:

Blogger ExAfrica said...

Supply and demand in action!

Sunday, February 11, 2007 4:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I assume from your story that the man kept his white dog. Proof that underneath it all a dog is still a dog.

Friday, February 16, 2007 9:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home