
This is an example of the mods that are made to most every kind of vehicle over here. The crew and driver areas are armored; even little light duty earthmovers like this. (i don't know exactly what kind of vehicle this is.)
It gets dangerous outside the wire.
8 Comments:
What is this? I didn't realize the military has as many different vehicles as they seem to have.
Tony, It's a pusher. I'm suprised you did recognize it, we had small toy models when we were younger.
Small models of "pushers" made by Tonka Toys. I used them to make little dirt roads in front of the swing set.
Wait a minute - do you mean a bull dozer? Yes, we did have a Tonka bull dozer but I don't think we had a Tonka pusher!!! Or - is this one of those terms that changed in the couple years that passed between me playing with Tonkas and you playing with Tonkas?
P.S. If ANY of us had been thinking, we would have saved all those toys and we'd be rich. Actually, I don't think I'd sell them if we still did have them because they were cool and I'd probably still play with them. Toy trucks today suck - they're plastic amd have no cahones!
she called it pusher because she is a girl. they are a bit literal minded at times.
Actually, I think the correct term according to my boys, at least west of the Mississippi, is muck truck.
You see, that's just it - the "boys" call it a muck truck but the "MEN" call it a bull dozer. What could be more manly a name!
P.S. Any true Tonka playing kid from back in the day called it a bull dozer.
We have a Tonka 'pusher", or muck truck, or whatever it may have been called by the very young men who played with it creating mighty excavations, dangerous volcanos and other creations threatening their sand civilizations. A truly creative soul bucks traditional verbage for common items and creates new names which more accurately describe, at least in his mind, the function of the machine. Thus, as mud is always more fun to play in than dirt or sand, the term muck truck emerges because the primary purpose is to move muck in order to create mighty civilizations in the sand.
Post a Comment
<< Home