Elections
Nothing much to report about yesterday's elections in Kinshasa. It rained hard most of the day so that probably depressed the turnout. I was also told that many people have become apathetic about this round of elections. I went running after the rain and all seemed normal. There were more people in the streets than normal for a Sunday afternoon, but most of them seemed to be going or coming from a polling place.
The UN forces deployed in downtown Kin, eight vehicles and maybe a platoon of troops that I have seen, sandbagged and wired the individual vehicle emplacements. Whether this indicates a new found determination or a new shipment of sanbags and wire, I do not know.
The UN forces deployed in downtown Kin, eight vehicles and maybe a platoon of troops that I have seen, sandbagged and wired the individual vehicle emplacements. Whether this indicates a new found determination or a new shipment of sanbags and wire, I do not know.

1 Comments:
So tomorrow is election day here in the USA. No guns that I am aware of but plenty of lawyers churning out briefs to argue why they should have won and the other side should have lost.
Interesting that the lawyers were retained just in case...
What ever happened to just counting the votes ... I always thought that the new math was fishy.
Post a Comment
<< Home