Dust
There is lot of it here in Kinshasa because the city is located in an area of savanah, the rain forest is a long way off. The dust settles so thickly on the city that the people sweep it from the streets and areas in front of their houses to the sides of the road. You see them every day tidying up.
The dust rapidly builds to remarkable depth. If you need some fill dirt for your garden, you just take a pouse-pouse and a shovel and go out and collect it from the street; if you need more next week, it'll be there.
The depth of the dust allows for easy jogging too. I love to run on the beach because a: there are girls to look at, and b: the soft sand is easy on my feet and legs. There ain't no beaches to run on here but the swept dust at the sides of the roads is so deep, that if I pick my roads right, I can run of a soft surface about 70% of the time. No girls to look at though so the beach is still better.
The dust rapidly builds to remarkable depth. If you need some fill dirt for your garden, you just take a pouse-pouse and a shovel and go out and collect it from the street; if you need more next week, it'll be there.
The depth of the dust allows for easy jogging too. I love to run on the beach because a: there are girls to look at, and b: the soft sand is easy on my feet and legs. There ain't no beaches to run on here but the swept dust at the sides of the roads is so deep, that if I pick my roads right, I can run of a soft surface about 70% of the time. No girls to look at though so the beach is still better.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home