Water
I just talked to one of the guys who works with the water system on the base and he told about the setup. Very interesting.
The base is completely self-sufficient, all the water coming from wells going down 300 feet. It is treated and bottled for personal use. The bottles are cached all over the installation. Water is also treated and trucked to big tanks scattered about for the showers and latrines. The waste water, grey water and black water, is collected and trucked back to water plant to be treated.
He said the plant they have could easily accommodate 3 times the number of people it currently serves.
Next time I see him I will have to ask what they do with the treated waste water, is the water provided for the industrial facilities of the same purity as that in the showers and where do the bottles come from? I know where the used bottle go, they burn 'em. When the wind is right, you don't need anybody to tell you that.
The base is completely self-sufficient, all the water coming from wells going down 300 feet. It is treated and bottled for personal use. The bottles are cached all over the installation. Water is also treated and trucked to big tanks scattered about for the showers and latrines. The waste water, grey water and black water, is collected and trucked back to water plant to be treated.
He said the plant they have could easily accommodate 3 times the number of people it currently serves.
Next time I see him I will have to ask what they do with the treated waste water, is the water provided for the industrial facilities of the same purity as that in the showers and where do the bottles come from? I know where the used bottle go, they burn 'em. When the wind is right, you don't need anybody to tell you that.

2 Comments:
Why dont they clean the bottles and reuse them?? If they are wasting bottles like that, I would guess that they are wasting their treated wastewater as well, rather than reusing it for non-potable purposes.
think how hard it is to clean the inside of a bottle, inside 15,000 bottles a day. then think how cheap it is to set up a machine to turn out 30,000 bottles a day for .10 cents each and set up another machine to fill those bottles with water for 1 cent each.
these guys know what they are doing.
Post a Comment
<< Home