Sunday, November 04, 2007

Riding the bike.

On some mornings I like to ride a bike for an hour along the inner perimeter road. It is a very pleasant time of day and I see interesting things. Things that are much more interesting than the things I'd see on an early morning ride in Denver or Chicago or Santa Fe: things like C-130's taking off and landing and banking hard to stay close to the perimeter, Kiowa helicopters shooting rockets at a target range WHHIIIPP CRUMP! I see drones coming and going, C-17's, all sorts of aircraft.

This morning six CH-47 Chinooks came in, stayed a while with the engines running, then left. That was cool. A Chinook is a big powerful helicopter and six of them flying and idling have a sound, a sound of disciplined power, like a volcano that you can control. It was neat to see and hear.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a certain fictional character who loves the smell of napalm in the morning!!

Tuesday, November 06, 2007 10:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home