Monday, October 29, 2007

A Story

Years ago my grandparents were in a nursing home and my Mom would visit them once a week. Often she would take my youngest brother along.

Once, when he was 5 or 6 years old, they were driving home from a visit and my Mom looked over at my brother and saw that he was crying.

"Tony" she asked, "why are you crying?"

He looked at her teary eyed and said,

"Mom, when I'm an old man, do I have to wear baggy pants?"

He made an impression on them too. I think as her memory was fading my grandmother remembered my brother almost to the last.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember that. These days all the kids are wearing baggy pants, and the older folks are wearing styles they think make them look younger...go figure.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 3:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a similar experience with one of your nephews when he was about 3. When I asked what was bothering him so much, he started to cry and said he didnt want to grow up. When asked why he said through his tears that he wanted his private parts would stay just the way they were.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007 12:15:00 PM  
Blogger Carl said...

What does he think now?

Tuesday, November 06, 2007 11:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you think?? My response at the time was that he might look kind of funny as a grown man with 3 year old parts.He didnt care then. He does now.

Thursday, November 08, 2007 7:56:00 PM  
Blogger Carl said...

next time we have a family get together we must be sure to tell this story and ask him for a comment.

Saturday, November 10, 2007 10:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home