Back at the Big Base
I arrived back at the big base almost two weeks ago and will be here until next year. My personal living arrangements are very good. I have a room to myself with a high speed wireless internet connection. The chow hall still has 5 kinds of ice cream and there are twice as many TV monitors in there as before.
Moreover, the weather is fine. It goes up to the mid-90's to mid 100's during the day, mostly the lower range, and the 60's at night. There hasn't been much wind and no dust storms since my return. How often do you hear from this corner of the imperial frontier that the weather is good, but it is.
So, if I start whining about living conditions here somebody remind me that I have it pretty good and the universe could have put me on an Aleutian island in 1944.
Moreover, the weather is fine. It goes up to the mid-90's to mid 100's during the day, mostly the lower range, and the 60's at night. There hasn't been much wind and no dust storms since my return. How often do you hear from this corner of the imperial frontier that the weather is good, but it is.
So, if I start whining about living conditions here somebody remind me that I have it pretty good and the universe could have put me on an Aleutian island in 1944.

6 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The chow hall may have five kinds of ice cream, but does it have Cheerios? I remember you always eating huge bowls of Cheerios.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
the chow hall does have cheerios but i don't eat them because i don't trust the milk. if i didn't buy it i won't drink it.
it is a remarkable thing all this happening isn't it.
Tony, i follow the good things where they lead me.
The weather sounds right up your alley. Isnt that your ideal running weather? Cheerios shmeerios. What is really important is the chocolate situation. I think I could overlook anything as long as there was an ample supply of fresh chocolate.
ditto for me.
Post a Comment
<< Home