Monday, May 22, 2006

Hey

To all my brothers, sisters, friends, relatives, acquaintances and even random passers-by; call me or send an e-mail. I am getting lonesome.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carl!

Hope all is well, what's the deal? [I wish Blogger had a function that would notify me if you responded...] I have your email, I will drop you a line that way too.

Monday, May 22, 2006 6:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carl,
Sorry to hear you are getting bored.
Maybe in a few weeks around elections times, it will be hell and no worries about wasting your time anymore.
I live in civilisation (Paris-France) and am trying to get a flying job anywhere, including Congo, yes I know you would not recommend it but I am at this point.
I tried to establish contacts with CAA, WD, HBA, but it takes a while without knowing the right person.
Your life in Congo will stick with you for the rest of your life, even though you may be bored, burned out, whatever...Where else can you see hell while being alive?
So "enjoy" your time, it's an amazing one, very few of us will ever go through.
If you could sened me an email at:
gaikokujin2000@yahoo.com
Thanks and happy landings
Erick

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 4:22:00 AM  
Blogger Carl said...

thanks congo girl, i look forward to it.

erick: to the contrary, if you can get a job here, with a safe operator, and there are a few, you will learn a lot. i am not burned out. i am an insufferable talker and if i don't yak at somebody every day i get a little lonesome. i will email you.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 10:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carl,

Snap out of it! Best to you from across the pond. I check in regularly and I believe many others too after I posted a link from our bulletin board. Great stuff - keep fighting the good fight and sharing the cultural landscape of Africa with us.

Fair winds and following seas...

Dave
Small Wars Journal

Thursday, May 25, 2006 6:24:00 PM  
Blogger Carl said...

You're right. I will. Thanks.

Hey Steve. How ya doin?

Friday, May 26, 2006 7:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Carl: Everytime you start to get bored just think back to one of those interminable nights when you were a cop, patrolling out in the middle of nowhere, every house dark and knowing that all of the inhabitants are snug and cozy asleep in their beds while you are sitting in the darn patrol car with nothing to do. Boredom is relative. (or is that relatives are boredom?)

Friday, May 26, 2006 5:22:00 PM  
Blogger Carl said...

Boy, it that the truth. 0400 in January on I-25 wondering how the heck I was going to stay conscious until the end of shift.

I am lucky in that my relatives are anything but boring.

Monday, May 29, 2006 2:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home